back to article UK punters love music on the move

UK music fans are taking their music with them, with 45 per cent of the population listening to an MP3 player more than four times a week, according to research from Frukt. The company polled 904 UK residents and discovered it isn't just the youth taking their tunes with them. Nineteen per cent of over 40s are equally attached …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Lie, Dam Lies and Statistics

"45 per cent of the population listening to an MP3 player more than four times a week"..

What Bo**cks.

So there are about 15 million MP3's in this country being listened to 4 times a week?

Oh let me guess. We interviewed 20 people on public transport and of those 45% listened to an MP3 player.

FFS what crap is this. I doubt 45% of the population even owns an MP3 player, let alone listens to it 4x a week...

2. Les Matthew

like 904

is going to show valid results for a population of around 60 million.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

media maths alert

"Nineteen per cent of over 40s are equally attached to their MP3 players, though that compares to 73 per cent of 13 to 15 year olds"

So lets get this straight, 19% of a group that ranges in age from 40 to 100 (or death). Pretty big group.

Compare that to 73% of 13-15 year olds, a much much smaller age group, and therefore likely less people.

When will the media learn to give out real figures rather than crappy stats that can be twisted to whatever point of view..

I'm disappointed in el reg for ignorantly republishing this stuff.

4. A. Merkin

Pedantamatics

Complete B*llocks!! You've oviously confused your Metric % with Imperial %, and therefore your "Survey" is of no use whatsoever.

The only thing that can be concluded is that of the 904 people interviewed, 100% were interviewed.

Why bother asking people anyway; independent research is for the weak minded. Best to get your facts straight from the manufacturers or government.

;)

5. Kate Menzies

Oh no they don't

I listen to my mp3 player about 15 times a week, on the tube, on the bus, going round the shops etc, and I am always surprised at how few other people there are doing the same thing. No way is it 45%

I am also surprised about the fact that sometimes I manage to sit next to someone who can drown out my player with theirs but I shall continue to rant about that in my own head.

6. Law

bollocks

I bet it was a london survey, on the underground or bus, picking the people who just walked down from Virgin megastore! lol....

This topic is closed for new posts.