back to article EU monitors roaming compliance

The EU is providing an easy reference for customers wanting to see if their network operator is offering minimal compliance with the new Eurotariff, or if they're one of the lucky few who are exceeding the newly mandated caps on European roaming charges. Mobile network operators in Europe had until July 30 to offer the new …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Heinz

Virgin

Well, well, well. Virgin Mobile - NO RESPONSE.

What a surprise!

NOT.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

T-Mobile & Orange, No Surprises...

... That these 2 greedy networks have did the minimum to reduce there roaming charges!!! Wont not surprise me if orange didnt increase their texts the b******s

3. Paul

virgin told me by SMS...

in an SMS received on 3rd August 16:56 that reads (typed verbatim from my phone)

"If you use your Vigin Mobile phone abroad, we have news for you. From 30 August 2007, making a call in the EU costs just 38p/min and receiving one is 19p/min"

£0.38 is E0.56, £0.19 is E0.28.

hmmm.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

T-Mobile & Orange, No Surprises...

If you check the websites of T-Mobile, Virgin, Orange, Vodafone and O2 they are all offering exactly the same prices. Namely 38p/min to make a call and 19p/min to receive one, the EU website prices depend on what exchange rate you use.

To Paul you need to deduct VAT from those prices, the EU prices are ex VAT and the retail prices are inc VAT. (VAT is 17.5%)

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like