listen to the drip drip dripping of your rights disappear.
Start with keeping "lists" of "sex offenders" (from you getting caught shagging in public right to molesting a minor and rape)
on to banning forms of extreme pornography and undesirable speach.
Trickle forward to holding people without trial, keeping dna records for innocent people held in custody (they have my dna - I got a caution for drunk and incapable on a public highway - not even drunk and disorderly)
Forward to making drawings illegal. (I mean that's next to making thinking illegal, seriously.)
Now onto storing your dna for non-crimes... how long until a mandatory aquistion of biometric data from schools and the passport office? How about all medical records being accessible (I mean, they could have vital information pertaining to potential criminal activity too.)
The ideal solution for police is that everyone is placed in jail and released when they are satisfied that you will not commit a crime. I mean, that's just the police for you, bless em. Sadly our government (and O I don't think those filthy tories would be any different) seem more then happy to go along with it.
I find the whole loli thing the best example of this (loli being the inhouse term for anime smut with young looking characters)
you start with
- child molesting = bad, so they will be arrested (good, they are obviously a threat)
- pictures of child molesting bad = well if you like to look at real pics you are obviously inetested in real kids, also by not reporting the images you're assisting in a crime. (So good show. All fine.)
- Grooming = now there's a nebulus term, but I suppose it's fine depending on the content.
- Modified computer images... = okay the images look real, so obviously someone who looks at them may pose a threat... (you can barely convince me)
- Drawn pictures of young anime characters = even their own studies showed no correlation between such pictures and inappropriate attitudes to children. However the police still felt (despite no evidence in this day where you can buy ready made studies on anything) that they should be classed undet the same bracket as real pictures. And the first time I see a girl with huge eyes, pink hair, and a magic fucking wand I will probably commit myself to a mental asylum coz I've finally cracked.
The final crime of course raises an interesting question - so they want to make ownership of such pictures equal to ownership of real child porn (I mean wtf). However if owning them is like owning child porn is drawing them the equivelent of raping a child? Is this the first official thought crime?
There was a similar train of thought with violent porn
Murder a partner = bad you should be arrested.
commiting non consenstual sexual violence = bad, get arrested
Looking at non consenstual sexual violence = bad, get arrested
Looking at consentual sexual violence = ... well somepeople just like a good lashing with a plastic bag over their head. Live with it.
They wanna take your dna and add it to an ever growing register so it is easier to convict you with crimes in a world of ever increasing criminal offenses. If the current offenses can't catch you they'll just make a new offence, lowering the already low bar.
Yet at the same time they can't stop teenagers from being fucking retarded shittards who need killing (I hate emos and chavs they're a waste of good air)
ahhh rant over.