back to article Toshiba's burning desire for HD DVD

Toshiba has raised the bar slightly higher in the high definition (HD) format war. The manufacturer has released a notebook under its Qosmio range that is equipped with an HD DVD-R drive, further shunning the rival HD Blu-ray format. The Qosmio G45-AV680 incorporates an HD DVD-R/DVD optical drive, which the manufacturer …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Moo

What a beauty

It does shine with all its glory. It would feel so nice to spend 3200 dollars with this behemoth and back-up HD-DVDs.

2. Highlander

In the interests of fairness

Perhaps it would be fair to point out in your adverti....I mean article, that Toshiba is the maker and backer of HD-DVD, which is essentially a proprietary Toshiba HD format. So it's hardly surprising that Toshiba would choose a Toshiba product to put in the own laptop is it? I mean, how stupid would it be for the company that is putting forward HD-DVD as a format to forgo it's own technology and instead install a BluRay drive?

Sharp reporting there guys.

3. Michael Martin

Vista?

If it's running Microsoft Vista, does it actually have the capability of playing full-on HD content? 'Cause if so, it will be the FIRST system I know of to be capable of actually jumping through all of Vista's utterly ridiculous encryption hoops required to play full-on 'premium content'...

This topic is closed for new posts.

Biting the hand that feeds IT © 1998–2022