back to article Your very own R2 unit multimedia machine

Japanese firm Nikko has created an all-in-one multimedia device incorporating projector, DVD player, media card reader and oh, so much more. So what's new, you might say, well this particular product is shaped like R2-D2 from Star Wars. The driod has a front-loading disc slot, with compatibility for DVD-R/RW and CR-R/RW discs …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

At that price...

...these are not the droids I'm looking for.

2. Josh

:O

I SO want one of these! Then I'd organise it to play a clip of "Help me, Obi-Wan Kenobi. You are my only hope."

Man these Japanese sure know how to appeal to nerds.

3. davington

"What's that, R2...?"

"No, I will not load up 'Debbie Does Dagobah' !!!"

4. Shaun

Me Wants!!!!!!!!!!!

I've been waiting for this since I saw a video of it last year.

Anyone have any ideas on how to convince the wife that I need one of these?

5. david wetnight

No HD?

For that kind of money they could gone with at least 1080i for the projector.

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

"um, 'foot'" ???

Oh come on, of course it's his bloody foot. Your implication is obvious, but come on, think about it: do you really believe he could roll around on his nob all day long without screaming bloody blue murder all the time? AND WHAT ABOUT WHEN HE GOES UP STEPS, EH??? AAAAAARRRRGH!

...Come to think of it, maybe that IS why he can only communicate in high-pitched whistles and bleeps.

7. Steve Skipper

Just what I need

Just in time to fix my 3 year old son's bicycle. (you can finish the punchline)

8. Shaun

Video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AG7J2S5sqbo

9. The Mighty Spang

disappointing

It would only be worth £2000 if it was big enough for you to imprison dwarfs in, just like the original. add some controls inside and bingo...

10. Josh

@Shaun

Insist that Astromech droids are top of the line and that they are very useful when flying/driving your Starfighter/car.

This topic is closed for new posts.