back to article ICSTIS tells sex lines to clean up their act

UK premium-rate regulator ICSTIS has told sex lines to clean up their act by 31 August or face sanction. The warning comes in response to complaints from the public that some services are launching directly into salacious content, without the required warnings, while others are leaving frustrated punters on hold. Recorded sex …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Adrian Jones

Presumably the delay...

...is so they can advertise for and appoint someone to call all the sex-lines and check that they're complying with all of ICSTIS's rules.

Could be a popular job.

(btw, I though ICSTIS has undergone a whalesong jos-stick moment and been re-branded?)

2. Steve Evans

@Adrian Jones

Given the context, I believe they should now be called ICKY STICK!

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

KISS

In some places you have to listen to the legal warnings and the price of the call - this is not billed - and then are told to press 1 if you want to go on and be billed from then on. Seems like common sense...

4. Dillon Pyron

Re: KISS

And you know this because? :-)

There was the cop who spent $10,000 on lap dances while performing surveillance on topless bars (and some all nude establishments).

5. Matthew

Talking v-e-ry s-l-o-w-l-y

Unless, as suggested above, the warning is made before charging, there is a huge incentive to delay the hapless punter with an excessively slow message. in fact I seem to remember an episode of The Simpsons featured Homer dialling a premium rate number and getting annoyed at the v-e-ry s-l-o-w speech.

By the way, there was a great story of a guy who sued a sex line for misrepresentation: the line was advertised 'hear me moan' and featured a woman complaining... The judge said he got what he deserved.

This topic is closed for new posts.