back to article Firms unsure of liability for staff net use

Almost two-thirds of companies don't realise their legal responsibilities regarding their employees and electronic communications, a new survey has revealed. The Chambers Ireland eBusiness Survey 2007 found that only 37 per cent of companies are aware that they are liable for their employees' online activities, and can risk …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Only half the answer

"a little over half of companies still don't have their own website"

And many of those that do don't have anything useful on it.

When I search for something, I often look at a dozen sites, all of which imply that the company running the site might have the product I'm looking for, but only around one in ten of them actually give me full details including prices, and probably only one in a hundred bother to tell me whether the item is in stock.

For far too many companies, "improving" the website means adding annoying animations and other rubbish that (they think) makes them look good, but actually does nothing to help people determine the best product and buy it -- and is far more likely to make them reach for the back button and go and buy from somebody else.

2. Chris Barrett

company websites

I don't know if my judgement is flawed with this but I tend not to send marketing information to companies who have no website, since I figure that such companies must be pretty lame if they still have no site. Is this a fair assumption?

This topic is closed for new posts.