back to article Bush on cyber war: 'a subject I can learn a lot about'

When the presidents of the USA and Estonia met on Monday, cyber warfare was still very much on the Estonian agenda. Estonia has recently cooled its jets somewhat on the issue of the serious DDoS attacks it suffered in recent months. Initially, the Estonian Government suggested that the Russian Government had mounted a …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. amanfromMars Silver badge

Esoteric Forces and Virtual Friends.

AIMastery in Universes.

"And it has to be said, the Estonian cyber assault bore more the hallmarks of a criminal effort rather than a sophisticated spook/military one."

An interesting Virtual Stealth, don't you think, in that you may never know unless you are Led to ITs Sourcing, which IT assumes you will find on your Own such is the Privilege of ITs Path....... on the Omerta Travelogue/AesThetan Trip/Helter Skelter Ride.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Denmark?

the United States and Israel and Denmark have come under cyber attack before

Why Denmark?

3. Dillon Pyron

May 2001

Let's remember that after the incident involving the US spy plane and the Chinese fighter that patriotic Chinese hackers launched attacks against a wide variety of US sites. And patriotic American hackers retaliated. Governments didn't have to get involved. The "Italian Mafia" (note the quotes) are among some of the most loyal Americans. They may deal in prostitution, drugs, gambling and other nefarious dealings, but God Bless America, nobody else can mess with us. The same may be said for many members of 2600.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Mild correction

Can I just point out the Soviet-era war memorial was not removed, it was just moved. That's what this whole thing was about, someone moving a statue from one place to another.

5. Soeren Staun

Denmark...

Why Denmark? Because a newspaper published some satiric drawings a while back which lit muslim societies on fire all over the world for quite a while. The company I worked for got attacked too, but no avail.

Soeren

6. Alan Donaly

what difference

It doesn't make any difference if it's goverment sponsered

or not it's just more crap ddos I find it amusing that like 16 year

old script kids, governments can't find anything better to

do with their anger than make the internet a bit noisier. It's

just childish nonsense, IT will simply have to fix it. Oh well at

least it keeps some of us employed.

7. Demian Phillips

leaning?

How can he learn if he will not read?

It's insane I am ruled by the willfully ignorant.

This topic is closed for new posts.