back to article Truphone enhances its presence

Truphone, the VoIP provider for Nokia Series 60 devices with decent connectivity, has added presence to its offering, as well as making it work over 3G networks - where the operator allows it, of course. Truphone has been one of the most voracious critics of network operators trying to exclude VoIP from their data services, or …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Justin Case

Do not touch this version

This is pre-pre-pre Beta version. Downloaded to my phone and since then (about five hours ago) I've been struggling to take it off.

The application acts as a worm on your phone. I had better experience with adwares on my pc.

Thank you truphone for screwing my phone.

Next time, please spend more time to QA.

2. daveswatson

Reply to comment: 'Do not touch this version'

Dear Justin,

Sorry to hear that you have had a bad experience with the sneak preview of the new Truphone client.

We would very much like to hear of your experience in order to determine what has gone wrong for yourself. Please let us know at support@truphone.com.

Please note that the client can easily be uninstalled from your handset. Please navigate to Menu>Installations/Applications; select Truphone and Options>Remove. You can then roll back to our 2.15 client by sending an SMS with the word 'Tru' to +447624000000.

Warm Regards

Dave

The Truphone Support Team

3. Gavin Miller

Reply to comment: 'Do not touch this version'

Hi Justin,

Sorry to hear you had a tough time.The Truphone 3.0 application sets up Internet Tel and SIP Profiles and connects to them. So you can't delete them without putting the phone in Offline mode or removing the truphone app as Dave advised. There is definitely no worm involved!

The Truphone app has been heavily tested for months now and is specifically designed not to "screw up" your phone and to be easily removed. If you submit a support request a member of our support team would be happy to help return your phone to it's pre-Truphone state if required.

Regards, Gavin

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like