back to article Employers should follow the Scots' lead on vehicle smoking ban

Companies should order all employees not to smoke in any work vehicle and should follow the Scottish "no smoking" sign requirements because they are the most stringent when the English smoking ban comes into force one month from today. On 1 July all four UK nations will have anti-smoking laws in place, but businesses will face …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Law

Easy peasy

Easy solution - ban smoking in all vehicles, private or not!! I think driving with a lit stick of crap is just dumb and stupid anyway!!

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Just don't

Simple answer is just don't smoke -- in cars or buildings, no matter where.

You KNOW it makes sense ... !

3. bambi

its all our fault

Wonder how long it will be b4 its illegal to wipe yer ass without wearing full PPE....

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Not so easy-peasy

An easier solution is to ban people that want to ban everything else that they don't happen to like.

The hypocrisy of wanting a blanket ban on something that is still a legal commodity leaves me speechless!

5. Michael Corkery

Northern Ireland is a nation?

I don't know if you can call NI a nation. It's not a country, it's part of a country that was lost to imperial occupation of another country. It's not Ulster, as there are counties of Ulster in the ROI, so it can't be called a province. A protectorate, or somesuch?

This topic is closed for new posts.