back to article Hewitt ditches online job applications for doctors

Widely loved and respected health secretary Patricia Hewitt has been forced to ditch the online job application system for junior doctors, the Medical Training Application Service (MTAS). Hewitt said that the first round of applications made through the system will stand - job offers should be out to candidates in the next few …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Pat Should Go!

Having seen last night's 'Channel 4 News' where Ms Hewitt attempted to defend why she should resign, I thought I should respond. Her main defense for not resigning over this debacle was that this was an implementation issue rather than a policy issue. Well, having worked for some Government IT projects, I can say this IS a policy issue. It's policy to take on the lowest costed solution when choosing a supplier. It's also policy to award the supplier a bonus based on the DATE on implementation, rather than QUALITY of implementation. I haven't personally worked on MATS, but I bet you the developers were aware of these issues, but were told to continue to implementation. No doubt the testing was squeezed too!

Ms Hewitt should have the guts to resign over this.

This topic is closed for new posts.