back to article Grange Hill TV firm's website exposes CV details

Lime Pictures, the television production company behind teen dramas Hollyoaks and Grange Hill is currently displaying a prospective employee's personal details on its website. A Reg reader spotted the error last Friday while browsing the job section of the Lime Pictures website after he clicked on a link that should have opened …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Still up there

Well, the script's still up there and running. In fact you can view previous applications by simply keying in a new id number on the URL.

Who built this? Bit of a Data Protection issue there ...

2. DoppelFrog

Google Indexed

To make matters even worse, her particular application has been googled indexed:

http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=Lime+Pictures+online+application&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-GB:official&client=firefox-a

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

How can they get away with this!

So not only is this poor persons details spread and cached across the internet but all the other job-seekers who have had the misfortune of adding their personal details to this companies website! I wonder if they have a data-protection office, they could be very busy.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

I don't see what the fuss is about

You can change the information. If she's bothered, she should just go back and delete it all. I'm happy just to add Bishes and Boshes and remove her phone number.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Mooowahahaha

Microsoft, IIS, ASP --- Need we say more....

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Looks like they've finally noticed

Well it appears that they have finally noticed and pulled the page. I wonder what legal action they are now open to if the applicants do in fact suffer from identity theft!

7. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

removed

I assume El Reg has alerted the poor woman by now, or at least asked for a comment.

The site now reads :

"Due to technical difficulties we are not able to offer an on line application facility at the moment."

The page is still available, however, cached by Google.

Personally, I don't think I'll be applying to a bunch of cowboys like this for a job.

8. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

OOPS

Anyone else notice that the application was for "Administration Supervisior"?

9. Keith Savage

It's gone now

They've pulled it now - they have puit up a note stating "Due to technical difficulties we are not able to offer an on line application facility at the moment.

We are pleased, however, to be able to accept applications with a CV as an attachment to the following email address"

10. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

I let the reg know about this..

I let the reg know about this, i was applying for another IT role, and alerted the person who's details where in there, and Lime Pictures & The Reg, and the hosting company of the website, and guess who responded the quickest?

It's a shocking oversight from whoever updated the site, don't blame IIS or MS, this is a terrible mistake to have been made, whoever published the page needs shooting.

Hope my eagle eyed vision gets me a job....

11. Chris Cheale

If only...

If only software engineering, even down to humble web (app) development, had the same sort of professional bodies and standards organisations associated with physical engineers (ok there is MCSE I guess). We could do with a software engineer's RIBA.

Granted having a bridge, building or dam collapse is worse than having a business application or website fail, but even so... the problem with IT, and especially the internet, is that there are no mandatory professional bodies to (attempt to) ensure the standard of the work undertaken. Too many people think that because they can use Dreamweaver that they're a web developer... and to make matters worse, many companies/individuals employing web designers/developers don't know the difference either and don't understand the difference, in the end result, between a £14k website and a £40k one.

This topic is closed for new posts.