back to article Orange SPV E600 email phone

It's always nice to have a little look-see at the newest hardware, but the E600 isn't actually new as such - it's the reincarnation of several previous models, including T-Mobile's Dash and MDA Mail - as the Dash is called over here - and manufacturer HTC's own S620. Orange E600 SPV mobile phone Orange's incarnation, like …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Browsers...

True, there's no Firefox for Windows Mobile, but what about Opera?

http://www.opera.com/products/mobile/

Des

2. Graham Lockley

Doesnt compare

Recently had the pleasure of playing with this phone (in its t-mobile incarnation) and all I can say is that its a very poor second to the Nokia E61. I looks and feels cheap to me and as noted the keyboard is awful. The display is way behind the E61 and for me the only saving grace was the use of WM5, Im familiar with 2003SE so it was easy to find my way round.

3. A Singh

Poor software choice on device

i work in the mobile phone industry as a sales consultant and so i got to play with this phone when it first came out, and to be honest its poor, very very poor.

ok the email features are what the phone has been designed for and does that well, but most business people need more from a device. The main reason to go for a single device smart phone over acombination of PDA and a normal phone is that the single device is just that, a single device capable of doing both.

This phone has lost MS office software, there is no Word Excel or Powerpoint. Instead the phone has some software called Clearview which only allows you to view (as its name suggests) and not manipulate the documents.

This has been the major sticking point for most customers and just makes the phone feel as though it has been released cheaply. Majority of customers will push towards a Vario 2 as it does everything this device is ment to do just alot better, and most dont mind the small charge for the device compared to its features.

4. Giles Jones Gold badge

There's Minimo

Minimo is based on Mozilla like Firefox is.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like