back to article US lawmaker blames bicycle breath for global warming gas

A Washington state representative has uncovered a previously under-reported source of greenhouse gas: huffing and puffing cyclists. Ed Orcutt, who lists "Tax relief" at the top of his legislative priorities and who was 2000's Washington Young Republican Federation Man of the Year, emailed the owner of a Tacoma, Washington, …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.

Page:

1. pyroweasel

A Republican, admitting concern over greenhouse gases?

Where's the flying pig icon?

2. M Gale

There's some really jealous trolls in here.

Get a bicycle, you green-faced cunts. Nobody is stopping you.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

All lungs are not created equal

Obviously, some are of greater size and capacity and should be taxed....

Oh, grow up you dickbrains.

4. etabeta
    FAIL

A fool anyway

For this jerk to write or even think of something this silly, with or without apologies, he is still a fool . Who votes for people like this?

5. Paul Hovnanian Silver badge
    Unhappy

Sigh.

This is why people hate us.

This, and Microsoft.

And flaming plastic airplanes.

6. Paul Hovnanian Silver badge
    Happy

RE: stuck behind a bicycle

Yeah. I hate it when that happens:

http://img142.imageshack.us/img142/1732/examedetranjm7.jpg

7. MachDiamond Silver badge
    Facepalm

You now see what we are up against.

The comments from this "Oh-So-Enlightend" congress critter is middle of the bell curve. You have to realize that US government is made up of lawyers that failed in private practice yet still had good enough hair and really white teeth to look good in ads. Some of them even have a good speaking voice if you ignore what they are actually saying.

I'll keep up the mantra... "Be afraid, be very very afraid" ~Douglas Adams

8. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Tax them hard and often.

And so it begins. With cycling becoming more and more popular, you can guarantee the politicians will be searching for ways to tax the hell out of cyclists. Global warming worked well for the car, but they are going to need something new for the cyclist. Safety is the obvious choice....fines for not wearing helmets or proper clothing, mandatory bike MOT's etc.

9. Gearhead
    FAIL

Taxman

I am an American and proud to be so but it is becoming difficult not to be embarrassed to be American.

The caliber of people elected in the US is shameful. What is worse, these idiot elected officials represent the public so what does that make the public. Idiots.

As far as the bicycle tax, this brings to mind a favorite Beatles Tune, Taxman:

If you drive a car, I'll tax the street,

If you try to sit, I'll tax your seat.

If you get too cold I'll tax the heat,

If you take a walk, I'll tax your feet.

Page:

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like