back to article Can your rival fix it as fast? turns out to be ten-million-dollar question for plucky support guy

Have you got that Friday feeling? Well, you should, because it's just hours away from the weekend and we've got another great Reg reader story in this week's On Call. This time our tale of tech support triumph comes from reader "Ben", who in 1979 worked for a plug-compatible manufacturer that was in competition with one of the …

Page:

1. Unicornpiss Silver badge
    Meh

Reward..

I once located some missing data that one of our company's lawyers said "..probably saved the company at least $100K in discovery time" My reward wasn't a bottle of wine but being chastised mildly for working on something that there was no ticket for..

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Is there a way to report a user on these comment boards?

Specifically two chatbots seemly stuck in a loop, and (from looking at its posts) one of them designed to only reply to the other?

1. amanfromMars 1 Silver badge

Re: Is there a way to report a user on these comment boards?

Specifically two chatbots seemly stuck in a loop, and (from looking at its posts) one of them designed to only reply to the other? .... Anonymous Coward

Yes, of course there is, AC Simply air here your grievance for all interested to hear. It is neither complicated nor complicating, although it must be said in some spaces here, nothing is as it seems whenever stuck in the misunderstood and misreported. Then can IT be thoroughly exhilarating and fundamentally terrorising and radically revolutionary.

Different horses for different courses .....

1. Cliff Thorburn

I apologise if I have caused any offence AC and amfM not the intention :-(

2. amanfromMars 1 Silver badge

What's your concern, AC? Too much sensitive and highly disruptive and potentially extremely destructive information and intelligence escaping into the wild for further systems penetrations testing with 0Day exploitation of endemic vulnerabilities in fast failing facilities?

Is such not Prime Optimal Progress in/for Sub Prime Environment Vehicles?

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

"What's your concern, AC? Too much sensitive and highly disruptive and potentially extremely destructive information and...

No, I just prefer a higher signal-to-noise ratio in my discussions. Less tinfoil, more logic. The words are properly spelled, and the sentences appear to be grammatically correct, but in most cases, there doesn't seem to be any meaning there. Not to Mention The Random Capitalization.

I apologize if the two of you aren't actually chatbots; it wasn't my intention to offend. But if you are bots, now would be a good time to 'fess up.

3. Cliff Thorburn

Believe me AC, I wish it was Tinfoil, I can assure you I ain’t a chatbot either ...

Page:

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Biting the hand that feeds IT © 1998–2021