Re: Feed them false info?
Anyone care to whip up some suitable perl or python or whatever the cool kids use these days to pull random media names from catalogues -- or even generate some -- then feed them up to LG to chew on?
I like the way you think. From henceforth, the TV will report chez Ammabamma watching the Weather Station 24/7.
On a darker note, what happens when LG is "forced" to turn over the viewing list to the plod? How do you prove (since you have to bear the burden of proof nowadays) that those files and channels were what you actually watched what with the information being sent in the clear?
Imagine sneaking onto someone's poorly secured WiFi network and seeding LG's reporting site with a few choice titles:
- "A Beginner Jihadist's Guide to Overthrowing Western Society.wmv"
- "Exploited Underaged Models - part 07 of 13.avi"
- "Bomb Making Made EZ - A Video Guide.avi"
- "The Comprehensive Review of Trainspotting.xvid"
- "Gravity  [CAM (Complete)] [pARAD0x_gROUp] [www.torrentmunchermoviebay.ch].avi"
I am not sure about the first three, but those last two pieces of filth will definitely land you in hot water with the authorities.