back to article Hard drives at Autonomy offices were destroyed the same month CEO Lynch quit, extradition trial was told

Autonomy personnel were instructed to destroy hard drives at the company's offices nearly a year after the buyout of the software bz by HP, a court ruling in ex-CEO Mike Lynch's extradition battle has revealed. District Judge Michael Snow ruled last week that Lynch can be extradited to America for trial on 17 criminal charges …

Page:

1. Danny 2 Silver badge

I am Danny, destroyer of disks

We got a bit paranoid about disposing of data in the peace movement, pre-Snowden. Most went for hammers of various sizes to bang their old disks / browsing history. I built a furnace to smelt that aluminium. Fireclay and vermiculite cover stoked with charcoal easily gets to 800c.

I started melting friends hard drives, giving them the remains as a shaped trinket, and then I thought to offer it as a service to the general public. It turns out the general public are all just paedophiles or drug barons, so I broke my furnace.

I have several disks of mine left to destroy but my last fireclay ironically was destroyed in a fire.

2. JWLong Bronze badge

HP's Reputation

They lost their reputation a long time ago

You can't lose something you sold down the river for printer ink!

Mr H and Mr P are probably rolling over in their most respected graves.

1. TimMaher Silver badge
      FAIL

Re: Printer ink

A recent Which report has found that branded printer ink is the most expensive substance on the planet.

3. David 164

I suspect the appeal will make a lot of mention of the fact the evidence that the US has isn't of a standard or quality that can be admitted to UK courts.

4. amanfromMars 1 Silver badge

Seems very similar to me.

Who's copying whom ....... and in pursuit of exactly what ...... https://www.rt.com/russia/530644-michael-calvey-money-prison/?

What a crazy mad weird world IT all is ....... and getting ever more instructive and destructive. You know how that all ends, don't you?

Page:

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Biting the hand that feeds IT © 1998–2021