back to article Euro Patent Office prez's brake line cut – aka how to tell you're not popular

Every CEO knows it's impossible to be universally liked. But when staff start cutting your brakes, maybe it's time to consider moving on. The president of the European Patent Office (EPO), Benoit Battistelli, has already been on the receiving end of an official censure from his board, a series of strikes, several highly …

Page:

1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

He's no Einstein...

Perhaps somebody could patent 'Being a Sod', and then seek an injunction against him.

Nah, I guess that he'd have Prior Art.

1. NotBob
      Coat

Re: He's no Einstein...

Quite a few people "working" there could claim prior art there. Give them a real job, maybe even a physical job or a customer service job, and they'll be begging to go back to what they have...

As the BOFH put it, "get hard, ya big jessie."

Mine's the worn out Carhartt

1. DropBear
        Facepalm

"Give them a real job"

Aye, they'll be begging to go back to the dickwolves after we break out the barbed wire cat o' nine tails and show them how hard Real Men are supposed to work...

2. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

Haha, you're so funny, what with your cleverly placed air-bunnies and your inflated ego.

What gives you the right to imply that no-one "works"at the EPO. I, along with my colleagues, work very hard. Harder than other people? Who can say? That's subjective. But to imply that we don't "work" is just plain ignorant, and makes me glad that I don't have to "work" with you...

2. earl grey
    Facepalm

please keep the US out of this

We have our own assweasels here and don't need to have them confused with EU wankerdoodles.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: please keep the US out of this

Assweasel - is that some sort of gerbil?

3. Filboid Studge

Obviously it was just a message, and wasn't done by patent functionaries. They'd know you cut the brakes when he's at home in his lair at the pinnacle of his craggy mountain retreat. Then, once he finishes patting his sinister white angora cat, removes it from his lap, and goes into his six-car garage to bestride his bike, the precipitous narrow winding road and gravity will do the dirty work. Car park indeed - what amateurs.

Obviously, for legal purposes, I would never condone such an horrific act, just sayin'...

Page:

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon