back to article 150,000 angry Redditors demand Chairman Pao's head on a spike

Ellen Pao, the increasingly reviled interim CEO of Reddit, is facing more than 150,000 signatures on a petition calling for her to quit. The gargantuan link aggregation site was home to a user-supported blackout last week, sparked by the apparent sacking of popular staffer Victoria Taylor, but is built upon increasing tensions …

Page:

1. Gritzwally Philbin
    Facepalm

Ms. Pao IS correct, most of the Reddit users ARE uninterested in what happened.

But she's oblivious to the greatest problem with that attitude: It's the unpaid mods that bring content to the site and keep the various subreddits in order. ALL the content on the site is delivered by the mods and once they leave - the others who are passive users - the ones Ms. Pao says don't care - will leave, following the mods and that content to wherever they go.

This is the YahooGroups effect and why Yahoo hasn't been able, really, in well over 15 years to monetize the Groups in the same fashion as the rest of their properties.

Ah, the perils of using unpaid users to generate links and content. (I've already set up an account at voat.co)

2. enormous c word

Really?

Honestly who cares? Will anyone notice once Reddit have gone?

1. theOtherJT Silver badge

Re: Really?

I will. /r/sysadmin, /r/linux and /r/drupal have been pretty helpful to me over the last few years.

Page:

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon