back to article Whovians, your Doctor needs you: Take back the Day from One Direction

The Register is issuing a call to arms after learning that the jeggings-clad, floppy-haired boybanders in One Direction, who would never hurt you girl, have decided to livestream seven hours of caterwauling the word "baby" on the very day that Whovians celebrate a half-century of The Doctor. The 23rd of November marks the …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.

Page:

1. tirk
    Trollface

Bronies

Can we the MLP saddos involved in a three way fight? If so, the popcorn industry would benefit!

1. RAMChYLD

Re: Bronies

The problem is, there's an overlap :/

Honestly tho, I think those bronies are more interested in trolling and cyberbullying at facebook pages belonging to a particular TV network in the US and a particular toy manufacturer than causing trouble with the 50th Doctor Who anniversary. At least, hopefully. I don't think Season 4 of that show starts on the same weekend as the Doctor Who special, and the overlap will help alleviate things if it does. Otherwise they can get really nasty. They're already nasty towards fans of many other shows and even those who like the earlier versions of MLP :/

2. MJI Silver badge

I will have to set set my daughter

onto these no direction losers.

Mind you can;t be too bright she tried opening our front door with a sonic screwdriver but we all know they do not do wood

3. Vociferous

I don't think there's any overlap between Whovians and 1dimensionals.

Or have I missed the huge 12-year-old-girl-with-poor-hearing demographic of Dr Who lovers?

1. Lost in Cyberspace

Re: I don't think there's any overlap between Whovians and 1dimensionals.

There is. My girls like both. Grr

1. Platelet
        Childcatcher

Then your girls will be especially happy to watch the Doctor Who After party next Saturday which will have some "surprise" gatecrashers

http://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/latestnews/2013/doctor-who-after-party.html

1. veti Silver badge

What do you call 'gatecrashing' when it's announced two weeks in advance?

I think that would be 'marketing'.

I don't know which are the bigger whores in this story.

1. Platelet

Re: I don't know which are the bigger whores in this story.

I blame the punters who bought the story

2. jelabarre59 Silver badge

But there *are* Dr Who and My Little Pony crossovers... (look up "Doctor Hooves").

4. Lost in Cyberspace

Old news

My daughter has been complaining about this for weeks.

I got the casting vote. Who on the sky+ box downstairs, 1D recorded upstairs. She can choose which one to watch live but I ain't watching no poxy boy band over the Doctor.

5. Stuart Halliday
    Megaphone

No British Doctor Who fan calls themselves 'Whovians'. Only the Media who don't know any better...

6. Paul J Turner

Now to offend everyone...

One Direction should make like a Pond and dry up! ;-)

7. All names Taken
    Joke

(marketing?)

Whovians at el Reg = WhoRes?

Anti-whovians or a-whovians = hooVers?

1. TRT Silver badge

Re: (marketing?)

Dr Who fans who deluge Nicola Bryant with telephone calls...

Peri-dial-whovians?

8. Ken 16 Silver badge

The Directioners have already threatened death and rape

Necrophiliacs seldom receive consent so I'll allow that one

9. countd
    Meh

http://i1093.photobucket.com/albums/i423/asdfseph/gafom.gif

10. HippyFreetard

"Good, I can feel your anger..."

Seriously, Who was brilliant right up til it went all Buffy. Ecclestone onwards, pretty meh. It's freakin' popular now, what's with that?

Once, being a Dr Who fan meant that you were part of a secret society that saw things and went places the rest of society couldn't comprehend. Things greater than TV romance - science vs ignorance, peace vs war, the struggle of good vs evil within each of us. It was more than overproduced creepypasta with a prettyboy lead and boy-meets-girl cliché.

(I hear Blakes 7 is being made again. It could be so cool, but I bet it won't be.)

As for 1D, what's the thing? It's all quantum. They're only big because everybody's paying attention to them. Stop collapsing the waveform! Ignore them and they'll cease to exist...

1. Platelet
      Alien

Re: I hear Blakes 7 is being made again. It could be so cool, but I bet it won't be.)

Hey they did a bang up job with the Tomorrow People reboot

11. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

One Direction vs Fourth Dimension.

(1D vs 4D).

Marketing people pissing with joy...

12. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Missed the point.

Surely there is some market for an oestrogen monster and its pantie flinging weapon that will be unleashed on that day to be thwarted and utterly utterly destroyed by the doctor...

Please???

13. Lloyd

1D????

Who?

Page:

This topic is closed for new posts.

Biting the hand that feeds IT © 1998–2020