back to article Seattle: Home of grunge, Starbucks… and now, a quantum computer manufacturing plant

IonQ plans to open a quantum computer manufacturing plant - the first on US soil it claims - as part of broader plans to invest $1 billion into an expansion in the Pacific Northwest region over the next decade. The plant will be situated at Bothell, part of the Seattle metropolitan area in Washington state. This facility will …

1. elsergiovolador Silver badge

Quantum

investor: I would like to see that quantum datacentre I put so much love and money in

engineers: Sure thing. Please come.

(investor arrived, sees an empty car park)

investor: Where is the datacentre, chaps?

engineers: We are sure the datacentre was there, but as we decided to observe it, we altered its state to not existing!

investor: What are you trying to say?

engineer: We lost it sir.

1. Korev Silver badge
      Pirate

Re: Quantum

Investor: Why is your cat dead?

2. amanfromMars 1 Silver badge

The Federal Reserve Treasury is Surely Wholly Reliant on Providing Suckers for Those ‽ .

Unclear where IonQ’s funding for its $1 billion investment plans will come from

Oh please. Don't tell me you haven't a clue. It is not as if it is not bleeding obvious to even blind men on galloping horses passing through, is it.

From the same place as has the thin air that has the Magic Money Trees of Ponzis and Unicorns and Quantitative Easings, inventoried with right dodgy markets and floating future speculative derivative ventures.

You know, that crazy place where deficits and debts are presented as a profitable and attractive currency to other dumb currency holders. That’s is where it has usually been coming from of late, now that there’s nothing of truly great value in-house and/or at home to trade.

3. Pascal Monett Silver badge

US senator Patty Murray : "These are the kinds of investments . . "

. . that ensure that I will remain Senator until the day I die.

Pass that envelope here, I'll take of it.

P.S. : we need a Mr Moneybags icon

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

"Unclear where IonQ’s funding for its $1 billion investment plans will come from"

They should use quantum dollars which may, or may not, be in their bank account when the checks hit the bank. Only one way to find out...

5. druck Silver badge
    FAIL

Putting the Quantum cart before the Quantum horse

They haven't got a Quantum computer to work in any real sense of the word.

They haven't demonstrated it can perform any useful function better than a convention system.

Yet they are building a factory to make them.

1. amanfromMars 1 Silver badge

Re: Putting the Quantum cart before the Quantum horse

That’s how the US do the “levelling up” and “growing the economy” thing, druck.

Fruit and nutcase cake today for pies in the sky tomorrow. A necessary vital default operation in mad economics for greater dollar churn/printing/quantitative easing and Ponzi market support.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like