back to article World Economic Forum wants a global map of online crime

An ambitious project spearheaded by the World Economic Forum (WEF) is working to develop a map of the cybercrime ecosystem using open source information. The Atlas initiative, whose contributors include Fortinet and Microsoft and other private-sector firms, involves mapping the relationships between criminal groups and their …

1. elsergiovolador Silver badge

Competition

The criminal gangs are just competition to WEF and world's government, so it is understandable they want to keep an eye on that.

For instance, they wouldn't want a competition to WEF to form. The whole point of this mass surveillance systems is to ensure only one criminal group is in charge.

Why, for instance, they don't want to create a map of corruption? Or figure out where the tax payer money goes, who gets all the dodgy contracts?

How about finally figuring out the right amount of tax the corporations affiliated with WEF should be paying? You keep hearing they pay so little tax and nothing is being done, meanwhile you get to pay more and more.

The biggest criminal gang in the world is WEF.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Competition

I agree.

"You'll own nothing and you'll be happy"

What I object to is the fact none of us have been given the opportunity to vote in/out these people. Was anyone asked about their opinion on their policies? Same goes for the likes of the UN!

That doesn't look like democracy to me. It looks more like a dictatorship.

And yes you are right, there is no honour amongst thieves.

1. TimMaher Silver badge
        Pirate

Re: UN

They are, however, rapidly becoming as irrelevant as the League of Nations. Ask any Russian diplomat.

2. amanfromMars 1 Silver badge

The biggest criminal gang in the world is WEF. ..... elsergiovolader

And if they be responsible for the present rapidly expanding mess as detailed in this news ....... https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/its-worse-many-can-imagine-kim-dotcom-sees-controlled-demolition-enabling-new-dystopian..... the last thing they need to be doing is seeking to make enemies of smarter souls bearing geek gifts rather than engaging with them to try and save themselves from baying mobs’ righteous attentions which will not be bothering to observe any outrageous conventions concerning the treatment of prisoners, for there will be none to have any concerns over such be the understandable outrage.

Are WEFcukers smart enough to realise that AI lifeline and take it before it is withdrawn and disappears forever for them. To date all the evidence is proving them not to be so. And if that be their choice, well so be it. Goodnight and Goodbye and Thanks for all the Phish.

1. Kabukiwookie

Sociopaths don't see other people as people.

Only how they can be used. In this case I am sure that they think they don't need to placate anyone who they haven't compromised already.

All the pieces they need are already in play.

3. Piro Silver badge

Well, I don't know if the WEF is the biggest criminal gang, there are plenty of other globalist organisations doing very shady things, but they're definitely one of the groups of corrupt elites planning things that won't be good in any way for the vast majority.

There are no doubt groups that us plebs don't even get to know the name of.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Quote: ".....After choosing which miscreants to study...."

So....let's start with the illegal activity documented by Edward Snowden.....

Yup.....Fort Meade needs to be front and centre......so, not thirteen, but fourteen groups to start with.....

....then there's Palantir, ClearviewAI, Acxiom..........lots more to choose from.....

No?.............why am I not surprised?

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like