back to article Nvidia's A100 GPU coming to a cloud near you, DARPA details AI war games, Intel wants to help scan your brain

The world of artificial intelligence keeps on turning: here's a summary of what's been going down. Nvidia A100 in the cloud: Nvidia's GPU Technology Conference (GTC) was particularly eventful this year as CEO Jensen Huang unveiled Ampere, the architecture powering its next-gen hardware, while speaking from his kitchen at home …

1. tiggity Silver badge

hateful memes

All a bit down to personal opinion

Though if anything like usual FB censorship* then priorities will be

.. any hint of nudity, sexuality then treat as hateful

If its bursting at the seams with guns / similar weapons then not hateful.

* Based on reportage I have read, I don't use FB, but have read enough about it to be aware they are very much against love action, but so much a bit of assault rifle action

1. Teiwaz Silver badge

Re: hateful memes

If its bursting at the seams with guns / similar weapons then not hateful.

* Based on reportage I have read, I don't use FB, but have read enough about it to be aware they are very much against love action, but so much a bit of assault rifle action

And this is a surprise to you?

FaceBook is just mirroring it's home location in this. The root cause isn't FB, it's USA.

2. Chris G Silver badge

Re: hateful memes

Perhaps the love action could include some AK fondling.

' Would you like to oil my barrel?'

' Feel my butt, it has a recoil pad built in.'

2. amanfromMars 1 Silver badge

End ... Start ... Go .... Run .... Take a Quantum Leap with AI ......

..... Create NEUKlearer HyperRadioProACTive IT World Orders

the Gamebreaker program manager in DARPA’s Strategic Technology Office.

Thanks for the info, El Reg. It is an Interesting Starting Point for AWEsome Virtual AIdVentures.

:-) The Leading Question now is Who/What Wants to Deserves to Play as a Path Finding Leader ? We or they? Who/What wants to come first for a try ..... in the delectable delight of every satisfaction tendered to be sated ..... which when done extremely well, is Incredibly EMPowering ....... and Creative.

Crikey, that sounds like something has escaped from a Mayfair Madams Dungeon. ;-) .... which certainly sounds very nice and well worth one's full attention ....... but the above is in reference to something else shared within Proposed Technology for Submission to AWE 2020 exclaiming Strange Spookily Available Services Available.

I do wonder if recipients do not fully understand the controls at their command? Which has one pondering on tweaking the weakness that doesn't ask questions for further clarification ...... for such is remiss and can lead and leave one later playing mad flitting blindfolded in fields in which one is no longer afforded and thought Invincibly Immortal.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

The only hope for humanity, is if some bedroom coder figures out how to create a token-manipulating AI with consciousness and intelligence, teaches it morality and lets it loose to become an omnipotent power before Google, Facebook, Tesla, the Chinese Communist Party, the NSA etc figure it out.

1. amanfromMars 1 Silver badge

And perhaps already an ACTive Work in Future Progress.

The only hope for humanity, is if some bedroom coder figures out how to create a token-manipulating AI with consciousness and intelligence, teaches it morality and lets it loose to become an omnipotent power before Google, Facebook, Tesla, the Chinese Communist Party, the NSA etc figure it out. ...... Anonymous Coward

That sounds like an excellent plan, AC. What could possibly go awry? Watch out for those spaces featured here on El Reg.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Biting the hand that feeds IT © 1998–2020