back to article Public cloud services could be worth $302 BEEELLION by 2021

Public cloud services will be a $302bn-plus global market by 2021 and ten vendors will account for nearly three-quarters of those sales, if the mystics at Gartner have read those tea leaves correctly. All segments are set to expand but the fast growing area is slated to be infrastructure services, jumping 36 per cent between …

1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Oh lovely jubbly

All that data to syphon off and flog to advertisers. Perhaps that is where they get this figure of $302B from.

I'm sort of glad that I'll be gone from this planet before it becomes all prevailing.

Big Brother will be rubbing his hands with glee at all this data on each and everyone of us.

Add to that, facial recog cameras on every street corner we will not be able to do anything unless BB and the Government say so. The AI systems will make sure that we are wrapped in cotton wool so that we can't hurt ourselves and can spent out Universal Income wisely as very few will have jobs once massive automation kicks in.

It is probably too late to stop this. The recent Facebook skirmish is just the first qualifying round of the competition to implement a truly survielled state.

1. This post has been deleted by its author

2. amanfromMars 1 Silver badge

Peerless Future Preview ..... Free42View

And just a handful of vendors will run the show

Yes .... Very Possible. How well they be Running Side Shows/Alternative Deep and Dark Webs is the Next Question to Share and Air for Definitive Answering for Peer Review?

Have they mastered the Deep and Dark Arts of Cloaking and Open Concealment?

A little something to exercise Type 007 Attention ??? .....when Following Leads in Every Direction is AIMisDirection and Virtual Deflection onto Arid Paths to Nowhere Pleasant and Giving.

That would Definitely Deliver Mass Information Overload with Blackouts and White Coats A'Plenty Playing Havoc with Madness and Mayhem in CHAOS ... Clouds Hosting Advanced Operating Systems.

Wanna Play Something Infinitely Better with Fuller Command and Remote Virtual Control of Future Realisation Processes and Programs? Or are Current BlockBuster Moves Infinitely Better?

Could you Believe that?

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Hence presumably why Microsoft as leading vendor by cloud revenue have a share price rapidly approaching $100, are currently worth $720 billion and are predicted to be the first company worth $1 trillion!

1. amanfromMars 1 Silver badge

Empty ExoSkeletons .... a Convenient ScapeGoat for Hoarders and Herders Alike

Without Novel Attractive Information to pimp and peddle/pump and dump, is a leading cloud revenue vendor like Microsoft's infrastructure a growing liability which drains assets to points of exhaustion and extinction.

Is that Novel Attractive Information, which is invariably of a greater intelligence, developed in house or brought/bought in from third parties outside with such data also being able/enabled to be sublimely phished and stealthily pilfered to take all matters on a differently planned course.

Quite whether Microsoft, the corporate body, in any of those cases, could reasonably claim to be in Command and Control of Novel Attractive Information of a Greater Intelligence with Systems Operating and Interoperating with their Operating Systems, is something best left to be denied, if responsibility and accountability for unfolding events is as a result of proactions taken by A.N.Others.

2. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

@TheVogon AC: So how does any of that benefit me as a sysadmin?

1. Secta_Protecta

You get to wear a nice tinfoil hat!

4. Quinnypig

Help me understand...

I'm sorry, but I must ask: If Gartner is able to predict the future to this degree of precision, why are they "an analyst firm" and not "the world's most successful investment fund?"

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like