back to article ROBO HCIAs erupt from Atlantis. Thankfully it's not Rise of the Machines

Software biz Atlantis has announced a pint-size hyper-converged appliance for remote and branch offices. Atlantis’ HyperScale CX-4 software is a two-node design integrating compute, all-flash storage, networking and virtualisation. It is available on Dell’s PowerEdge FX2 servers, which feature blade servers and integrated …

1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

too expensive

43k is way off the mark, and all the HCI vendors who have actually sold gear know that. You get this price point down around 15-20k and the TAM is huge. Also it kind of has to work, and people probably want to have seen one live in the field. Can't say that for Atlantis.

2. amanfromMars 1 Silver badge

Bonus Feature ...... Bonus Features for Futures and Derivatives Market Players :-)

And just as they were thinking a thin line and drug cocktails had everything covered and discovered

... and means that there will need to be a data transfer pipe to the central data centre for capacity data.

And for capacity otherly data capture, too, methinks delivers the Bonus Supplying Forward Operating Base ForeKnowledge ...... Immaculate Sees.

What say you, CEO Chetan Venkatesh, to that Graphic User Interface for Use and Abuse Eradicating Misuse ........ in CyberIntelAIgent Security and Virtual Protection Systems ........ NEUKlearer HyperRadioProActive Programs with Ab Fab Fabless Projects 42Boot Up and Perfectly Administer with Beautiful Guidance/Immaculate Proven Vision.

3. amanfromMars 1 Silver badge

Advanced IntelAIgent Operations ... for Stealthy Quantum Communicator Network Administrators

..... and Virtual Prairie Gauchos, Kemo Sabe

Hi, Chris,

Regarding the headline ....... ROBO HCIAs erupt from Atlantis. Thankfully it's not Rise of the Machines.......... is there any similar confidence and/or forlorn hope in there not being a Rising of Virtual Machinery with Future Subjective Objectivity?

It is the bull in the china shop and rogue elephant in the green room, is it not?

4. Candy

The rest of that rack...

In my experience, most of the single rack in a ROBO environment is filled with comms equipment. A couple of U for all the compute they can eat is probably a good fit but the price is still a bit steep for most.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

And the huge lay offs today.....

really point to a company that has a good handle on expansion?

just been devastated here US and global culling with massive burn rate.

Don't take risk with this mismanagment.

6. This post has been deleted by its author

7. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

"While our competitors focus on us, We are focusing on our customers"

"While our competitors focus on us, We are focusing on our customers". This makes sense, FUD and BS responses on articles like this doesn't make sense and makes clear to me some people within Nutanix doesn't t have the right mindset to represent the organization and their culture. As a partner I have witnessed the culture or Nutanix my self, I am not impressed about them - arrogant / bad culture - so work to do here. Especially after 1st buy of their appliances (which worked fine) and adding additional appliances the price and arrogance was killing customer and us (partner).

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Biting the hand that feeds IT © 1998–2021