an unhealthy number of smutronyms
So what's a healthy number? More? Many more? Loads more?
There's obviously not enough anyway.
Inventive readers still have until 5pm UK time on Friday to brew up a suitably inspired acronym/backronym for our forthcoming final Low Orbit Helium Assisted Navigator (LOHAN) test flight, and the best suggestion will earn its creator a spanking-new RockBLOCK Mk2 Iridium satellite comms unit, courtesy of our mates at Rock Seven …
This post has been deleted by its author
I do believe that you need to have a fully-loaded "static" balloon test. Hang the payload with rocket motor, inflate balloon to test. If/when the tether line "breaks", carry on the mission.
I'm shocked the LOHAN team hasn't given any thought to what the BOFH would do.
- Total Integrated Test Sortie: TITS
- Goal: Total Flight Operations : GTFO
- Airborne Integrated Research Boffins Awaiting General Service: AIRBAGS
- General Operational Airborn Test Required Of Plane Experiment: GOATROPE
- Last Obital Validation Experiment Airborne Diagnostic Check Kickoff : LOVEADUCK
- British Orbiter Final Flight InspectioN: BOFFIN
- Progress In New Technology Global Last Airborne Systems Study: PINTGLASS
- Working Aviation Research Measurements By Evaluating Experimental Requirements: WARMBEER